Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Rest Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
4 tbsp margarine with plant sterol
½ cup chopped onions
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp chipotle seasoning (salt-free)
1 ½ cups black beans (no salt added)
4 whole-wheat flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (low-sodium)
½ avocado, sliced or mashed
1. Melt plant sterol in a small skillet over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent; blend in spices.
2. Add beans and then lightly mash them with additional water if needed to create the desired consistency.
3. Remove from heat and spoon equal amounts onto each tortilla.
4. Add cheese, roll into a burrito by folding ends into the center first and then rolling.
5. Place seam down onto pan and heat throughly in a microwave or toaster oven.
6. Serve topped with avocado. Enjoy.
Nutritional Info: Calories: 291, Total Fat: 14 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Carbs: 28 g, Protein: 14 g, Sodium: 274 mg, Cholesterol: 6 mg, Dietary Fiber: 9 g
It’s so cliché but life is truly a journey, and I’ve decided to enjoy the ride! I feel as though it’s a book sometimes and different phases in life are different chapters.
Currently, I’m in an epiphany chapter! I remember when I was 17 thinking I knew everything about life. Now I think… HA! That’s so cute! I feel as though I know less now! I guess that’s part of growing up and maturing right?
My thoughts now consist of; where am I now and where do I want to be a year from now? What needs to be done to get there?
This journey is going to be a long one… but fun, exciting, rewarding and oh so worth it when I look back next year!
Here are a few things that are on my “to do by next year list” (btw- I’ve got many lists… part of the ocd thing..hehe)
To Do by Next Year
- Spend more time with the lil man
- Get Healthy (including but not limited to weight loss)
- Run a half marathon
- Happy, healthy clear skin
- Become a leader with Gigi Hill and Jamberry
- Balance – key to life I feel everyone is always searching for… let’s find it and KEEP it!
Thanks for joining me for this ride! In the words of my Grandma… sit down, shut up and hold on~