Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Rest Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
4 tbsp margarine with plant sterol
½ cup chopped onions
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp chipotle seasoning (salt-free)
1 ½ cups black beans (no salt added)
4 whole-wheat flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (low-sodium)
½ avocado, sliced or mashed
1. Melt plant sterol in a small skillet over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent; blend in spices.
2. Add beans and then lightly mash them with additional water if needed to create the desired consistency.
3. Remove from heat and spoon equal amounts onto each tortilla.
4. Add cheese, roll into a burrito by folding ends into the center first and then rolling.
5. Place seam down onto pan and heat throughly in a microwave or toaster oven.
6. Serve topped with avocado. Enjoy.
Nutritional Info: Calories: 291, Total Fat: 14 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Carbs: 28 g, Protein: 14 g, Sodium: 274 mg, Cholesterol: 6 mg, Dietary Fiber: 9 g